2" Suspension Lift labor $$ question

Hi all,

Just had a quote for installing a 2" suspension lift on my 98 TJ. around $340-something for the lift, and like $800 for the labor, if they install it. Is that really high? I guess my options are to either not lift it, pay them what it costs, or just not do it at all. The reason I even ask is because I've never even remotely attempted to do any body lifting or frame mods, etc.. so doing it myself would probably turn out horribly.

Any suggestions?

Thanks! Pete

Reply to
Pete

Too easy to pay that kind of money for. The directions are usually very straight forward and easy to do. Are you a member of a 4x club? They usually have great folks as members who are more than willing to lend a hand

Bill

Reply to
Morrissey

There are many websites that cover how to install a 2" lift on the TJ. It is not hard to do.

The biggest problem you may run into would concern rusted bolts. If you live in a snow area and they lay salt on the road, you will have a hard time removing bolts. I used a small blow torch to heat up the bolt and then it will come loose.

I suggest you try it yourself.

Reply to
brad gardiner

Thanks, Brad.. I will give it a shot!

Pete

Reply to
Pete

I'm not a member of a 4x4 club, and don't know too many jeep owners in my area, but I'm going to give the install a shot myself and hopefully get it done.

Thanks! Pete

Reply to
Pete

id a 2" lift on my 97 YJ. The hardest part was getting the rear crossbar of the mounting bracket on the axle. Had to use a big crowbar. the other problem was mounting the new bracket for it. Had problem getting the bolts in. Make sure you jack the jeep high enough. the rear was easy. but i didnt get the front up high enough to put the new springs in easy. Had to muscle them in. Have fun

97 wrangler 33 " bf ko's 2" old emu lift 3/4 " daystar coil spacers wilderness bumper with tire swing out Plus backet attachment front quick disconnets for sway bar
Reply to
aXeman

Price sounds extremely high to me. It really isn't that hard, and I'd be willing to wager you and a buddy would get it done just fine. But, another idea would be to search out a local Jeep club. I'm sure you'd find quite a few guys with lift installation experience that would be willing to help out. Most work for simply beer and pizza (I do anyway hehehe).

Dave

David C. Moller