2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee - Blower Motor Problem !!

The blower motor started making an awful racket. At first, I thought it might have been a leaf or something caught in the intake to the fan. In older Jeeps, I have been able to find the air intake under the hood, where the fan motor itself is located. On closer inspection of the 2000 JGC, I see that the motor is inside the car, under the dash.

When I turn up the fan speed, the darned thing vibrates quitd strongly and is very loud. Now I wonder if it is more than something like a leaf trapped in the fan.

I would just like some basic comments or hints here. Is it easy to remove the fan motor from under the dash? Is is likely just a worn motor, fan blades. or just something trapped that may come loose if I take the motor out ??

Thanks for any tips on this !!

--James--

Reply to
James Nipper

mic canic

mic canic did pass the time by typing:

Or like one of my school friends said, "Don't ever set a bag of M&Ms on the dash."

Reply to
DougW

Well, mic canic was right, it was indeed a MOUSE !! The mouse created such an imbalance, it caused the severe vibration. I was able to get the fan out myself, and there was a dead mouse in the fan assembly. I removed it , along with a few leaves, and the fan blower now works great !!

--James----

i would lay m> The blower motor started making an awful racket. At first, I thought it

Reply to
James Nipper