2000 Jeep Sport transfer case lever broken

Symptom: When I try to put my jeep into 4 wheel drive the transfer case lever just moves forward and back as if it was not connected to anything. What did I (my son) break. My jeep is located at the river (our second home) and I need to buy parts to fix the problem. What should I buy and how do I solve the problem. I would buy all parts for lever and return those that I do not need. Thanks in advance.

Reply to
jim s via CarKB.com

L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

The adjustment clamp on the transfer case shift lever might just be loose. They can loosen up over time. The clamp attaches the shifter to a rod sticking out of the t-case on the driver's side. Check there first before you buy any parts. If that is not loose, then check the key.

If you pull too hard on the t-case shifter, you can loosen the clamp. This can be easy to do when you aren't getting it into 4Lo and keep tugging.

Paul

in article snipped-for-privacy@cox.net, L.W. Hughes III (ßill) at snipped-for-privacy@cox.net wrote on 6/23/05 12:15 AM:

Reply to
swbell