2000 TJ wiper motor

Howdy folks,

My 2000 TJ's wiper motor is going out. I am lucky to get the wipers going when I start the jeep, and loathe to turn them off as they require getting out and manually giving them a bit of a push.

Anyhow, my wife took the jeep to the dealership while I was out of town, and they tried to tell her that the part would cost $600 and the replacement would be about four hours of work. She told them some impolite things and brought the Jeep home, and looking around on the web it seems like I should be able to get a replacement motor for under $200, and the actual replacement is supposedly an hour job.

Anybody have any recommendations on good places to look for the part, or instructions on how to replace it? Thanks!

Reply to
Erik Arneson

check here,

number is 4864 892, for the front, and the rear is 55155 322AC. I cangive you instruction on how to do the removal and installation, if you wantto do it yourself. I will put the service book pages on my website, thengive you the link. I have a 2002 TJ, but they are the same part numbers for a 2000 (remove the spaces, if you do a search on that website)

Reply to
Casey

Thanks, that would be great! I will order the part right now.

Reply to
Erik Arneson

Reply to
Casey

Ouch, I just got an email back saying that the part is on national back order. Any other good websites for ordering that particular part?

Thanks again for your help.

Reply to
Erik Arneson

Reply to
Casey

I think I could do that replacement in less than an hour and I have never done it before. You just remove the cowl and the wiper motor is right there ready to be replaced.

Tom

Reply to
mabar

Reply to