2000 wrangler maintenance question newbie

Greetings. I'm new to the group & will shortly get a 2000 wrangler hand me down with 80k on it. Can anyone pls tell me what sort of maintenance should/should've be done? is there a link to an archive? Is there a site devoted to this? many thanks in advance & regards, bobdrob

Reply to
bobdrob

Get the factory service manuals, it will be the best maintenance purchase you can make.

Reply to
yjarray

According to my FSM ('01), here are the cumulative "Schedule B" items for 72 to 81 thousand miles:

- Change the engine oil and engine oil filter.

- Lubricate the steering linkage tie rod ends.

- Lubricate the steering and suspension ball joints.

- Inspect the engine air filter element, replace if necessary (4.0L Only).

- Clean and dry the engine air filter element (2.4L Only).

- Inspect the brake linings.

- Drain and refill the front and rear axle fluid.

- Inspect the drive belt and replace as needed.

-- K.Campbell '01 TJ

Reply to
Wry-mouth

Does it come with the owners manual? Regular maintenance is in there.

Reply to
JimG

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

(You keep posting parts of that service manual, and I'll soon have it all!) Thanks Bill

JimG

Reply to
JimG

Reply to