2002 Jeep cherokee rear bumper will a 2000 bumper fit??

I'm replacing my rear bumper on my 2002 grand cherokee and can buy a 2000 one, will it fit ok?

Thanks in advance

Harry Palmer

Reply to
Harry Palmer

I don't think so. The 2003-4 cross reference but the 2000 crosses for 99-02. The diagram isn't good enough to tell if it was just cosmetic or not. I think the hitch was different.

Reply to
DougW

Crap really? I got a good price on it from the yard but I won't pick it up until I'm sure. The jeep is a 2002 grand Cherokee limited (black) with a trailer hitch. How can I make sure please?

Harry

Reply to
Harry Palmer

About the only way is to take your rear bumper off and test fit the new one. Will the yard let you take it back if it doesn't fit? Won't hurt to ask.

Body parts are a iffy beast.

Reply to
DougW

I wasn't going to fit it until the time came to sell the car, I got rear ended the other day and the insurance paid up. I was going to buy the part with the money BUT only fit it when sell the car. The damage isn't all that bad.

Reply to
Harry Palmer

What diagram are you looking at please? I still don't have a clue how to figure out what years fit this thing. Isn't there a part number that crosses the years?

thanks for all you help so far

Hp

Reply to
Harry Palmer

The diagrams I'm lookin gat are on a parts counter only site that someone gave me access to. :)

The cross-reference I use is off of

just look up your model for (in this case) body parts, thendrill down to the bumper. Sometimes there is a diagram, but not always.Even when there is, it's just a sketch and not an engineering level.

Reply to
DougW

First of all, thanks for going to all that trouble to check this out for me. Secondly, I must be using the site incorrectly because I didn't see any date information there.

Reply to
Harry Palmer

no problem.

You see the date info when you drill all the way down to a part. Then you will see the right frame has a title that goes

Description Year MSRP Price Core Price Your Price

(sometimes with a button for 'view illustration')

The Year is what your looking at. If it says 99-04 then that is the same part for 1999 to 2004.

Reply to
DougW

bummer that means that for my bumper I'm looking for a 02-03 jeep only, that sucks. I was hoping that the spread would be greater more like 99-04. Crap this is going to be a zarking nightmare in Chicago. Thanks again for all your help.

Harry

W/hitch - Overland - Overland 02-03 $442.00

Reply to
Harry Palmer