2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee P0118 Error Code

Friend of mine has a 2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee V8. She recently had a radiator leak and got the radiator, thermostat and hoses replaced. The car seemed to run hot before that. Now, 2 weeks after, the engine light came on and the code reads P0118 Engine Coolant Temp Circuit High Input. Looks also like the temp gauge indicates usually a high temperature, which would support the error code. Any tip on where to start checking? Coolant level has not moved after radiator replacement and is fine.

Thanks in advance. Axel

Reply to
axel

** Posted from
**
Reply to
L.W.(ßill)Hughes III

Sensor wire likely got damaged or the the mechanic forgot to put the connector back on. High Input is telling you the sensor has an open (break).

While I don't have a V8, the I6 description is a good starting point.

Not excactly sure where the coolant temp sensor is on your engine.

Reply to
DougW

Reply to
mr.som ting wong

Engine light went off without doing anything and engine runs on normal temperature. One this I noticed is that the power steering pump which also drives the fan seems to be leaking. I filled up the reservoir to to indicated level. Looks like where the reservoir is sealed with the pump itself is where the leak is. Maybe the low fluid level caused the fan not to run. I will keep en eye on the fluid level and the engine light and take it from there. Thanks.

Axel

Reply to
axel