2002 Wrangler warentee question.

Hi,all. I'm the second owner of a modified TJ. Mods include:2.5 susp.lift w/SYE,32"tires,K&N air filter system,Synthetic oil,A/C install and other minor things not affecting the drivetrain.My problems are speakers that don't work and rotten mirror bushing covers. Am I eligable to get some free basic maintenance like an oil change...maybe they'll chase the speaker wires?...Other freebies?

-Thanks,Hank.

Reply to
COLLIDE13

David C. Moller

Maybe.

IF your new TJ is still covered under the original manuf. warranty, which I believe is transferrable, then some things should be covered. You don't mention the number of miles, year, etc. of your TJ, though, so it could very well be outside the original manuf. warranty. If the previous owner bought an extended warranty, and it is transferrable (I have no idea if that would also be transferrable or not), then you could also fall back on that (though the extended warranty doesn't usually cover as much, especially when it comes to superficial non-catastrophic things like speakers sounding bad or whatever).

To my knowledge, the dealerships, if you're covered under warranty, will cover your warranty claim without issue, regardless of your vehicle modifications, if it is clear your modifications don't have any direct bearing on the problem you are having. Speakers and Mirror Bushing covers don't have anything to do with any of the mods you listed, so as long as they are normally covered under whatever warranty you may still have on the TJ, they certainly wouldn't be excluded because of the mods on your jeep.

Reply to
Bob