2004 Jeep Liberty Lift kit install.

Well, I just received my 2.5 inch All J Products "Frankenlift" Lift kit. The kit includes four "Old Man Emu" 2.5 inch longer coil springs, Made in Australia. Front and rear Rancho Struts and shocks (I know, the front suspension dampener isn't really a "Strut" but a shock absorber!, Same goes for the rear item, After all, these are suspension dampeners and NOT Shock absorbers!) Daystar upper "Strut spacers", I ordered additional rear suspension coil spring isolators. (To add an additional .05 to 1.00 inch of rear lift.) In addition, I'll be performing a .75 inch "Clevis lift" to the front suspension. I'll have between four and five inches of lift when I am done! (4"-5") I am going to remove the front inner CV joints and machining 3/8 of an inch from the outside (Where the drive shaft inserts into the inner CV joint) of the CV joint. (I'll mount them on my Bedford Lathe and mill them down so that the factory CV joint rubber boot fits as per the factory unit.) I also have four Goodyear Wrangler MT/R/Kevlar 245-75-16inch tires to mount on our KJ. Once I'm done, I'll post photographs.

Reply to
socks09

Can't wait to see the photos! Have you figured out what to do with the drive shaft angles?

Reply to
DougW

At first I was going to machine 3/8 of an inch off of the inner CV joint to allow for more drive shaft angle. But after posting the same thing on a KJ forum, I was told that the Liberty's front suspension does not droop enough to worry about it! I will go ahead with the lift kit install and leave the inner CV joints stock/unmodified. If I run into any issues with the CV's-axle angles then I can always remove them and mount them in my lathe and go at it. I'll see what happens.

Cheers Ry'

Reply to
socks09

Hi Ryan, Libby uses an independent suspension with fixed differential, compare with a REAL Jeep's straight axle:

Compare Cherokee's suspension to a Libby:
God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O mailto: snipped-for-privacy@billhughes.com

L.W.(Bill) Hughes III

Good day,

I think for the most part, that the IFS with the Frankenlift lift kit installed will serve us well into the years to come! Even with the aluminum front diff. I have been a member of L.O.S.T. and KJ Country for the last two and a half years now. In that time I've seen what fellow Liberty owners from all around the World do with their KJ's and have first hand experience with what our stock KJ is capable of doing off road...

The 'nuff said picture in your link some's it up Eh?

Installing a solid front axle setup, as well as a High Output 4.7 litre V8 Mill, is also something I plan on doing in the future.

Pretty much like that Trail Ready KJ. As well as the other SFA KJ's I've seen.

Far superior articulation and no replacement for displacement !!!

Cheers!

Ryan

Reply to
socks09

Wy do you have to be such an arrogant prick all the time Bill? When you have something of use to offer, that's fine, but for the love of God, your "Real Jeep" cracks are old, tired and boorish.

What kind of "real Jeep" do YOU currently own? Not in the past, not your son, but YOU, here and now? Post the specs ya big blowhard. Put up, or shut up.

Sheesh.

K.

06 Rubi, 4.0L, 4sp Auto, and a modest list of mods. a.. Rough Country 4" X series 2-lift, b.. Rough Country Diff Guards c.. Rough Country Steering skid brace d.. Rough Country Winch plate e.. Rough Country Performance 2.2 shocks f.. Rough Country steering stabilizer g.. Iron Rock Tie Rod h.. JKS 1.25" BL 1"MML, i.. JKS Track Bar j.. 5.13 Gears, k.. Tom Woods CV Driveshaft l.. SwayLOC, m.. Dick Hard Rock rails, n.. DickHard rear bumper & swing away tire carrier o.. Warn M8000, p.. Carr Rota Light bar w/a 6 pack, q.. 15 x 10 Cepek DC-1 wheels & 33" Cepek Mud Country Tires r.. Cobra 75wxst w/ 4' Firestick s.. Superlift TruSpeed t.. Alloy rear axles u.. Rock kisses, bruised belly pans and sage brush pin striping
Reply to
Kate

Reply to
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III

---------------------- Sticks and stones and all that.

Oh... and your current ride is...... ???? A Hoveround?

Reply to
Kate

Reply to
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III

I stopped using this newsgroup for over a year now - mainly because of Bill Hughes.

Just set up this newsgroup again in my Outlook Express a couple of days ago, and of course......

Bill Hughes is still being a TOTAL JERK! I really believe that Bill Hughes is mainly responsible for the destruction of this newsgroup and the loss of many of it's very helpful members.

I have him in my blocked senders list, but he still shows up in emails when others reply to him.

It would sure be nice if everybody just ignored him.

I'm sure he will post a nasty response to this post, but I won't see it unless somebody else replies to him.

Thanks,

Mabar

Reply to
Mabar

Happy Canada Day from your friends South of the border. ;)

That sucks. Hope you get feeling better soon.

Reply to
DougW
4th. of July!}) Tomorrow morning.

**Happy Canada Day!

I'll be sitting in my wheelchair taking photographs of the install and supervising the whole process. My Pa knows what he is doing and Jen will be pushed along quickly and learn as she goes!

** I'm looking forward to seeing some pics.

You take 'er easy and get better.

K.

Reply to
Kate