2004 Jeep Wrangler Sahara "Without a Sahara logo?"

I was hoping that someone in this group might be able to answer which may be a simple question to most later model Jeep Wrangler Sahara owners..

I have been looking for a 2003 or 2004 Wrangler Sahara manual transmission..I found a 2004 with low miles in immaculate condition on a car lot in PA. The Jeep was spotless top to bottom with just under

8000 miles on it.

Over the past few months I have looked at about a dozen 03's and 04's but this particular 04 Sahara had something quite different from all of the rest I have seen in person and online.

Where the new style Sahara logo apppears on the front left and right side of the 2004 Sahara, below the front fender and in front of the door..well... this one has no Sahara logo...the Sahara logo has been replaced with the trail rated logo, which I imagne is a removable piece.

At a closer look at does not look as though it had been repainted or repaired, but its absolutly a 2004 Sahara, even has the window sticker with it...but where is the logo?

Its not a major problem that the logo isn't there but I am curious if there was ever a run of 04 Sahara's that for some reason or another might not have the standard logo but the trail rated plate installed.

I questioned the dealer about this and asked if it had a clean Carfax report and he assured me it did and that this Jeep had not been in a accident and this was....and I quote.."a VERY special edition" and quite limited.

He might be correct, but I was hoping that someone might have more information on this

Thanks,

Rob

Reply to
Rob

Just tell him your trade-in is "a VERY special edition" as well and your numbers will equalize. Make sure you peel off some stickers from it first, though. Lol! Don't fall for Car Salesman Tripe 101. Also, if it has a 'clean Car Fax' he won't have any problem supplying it to you.

tw _____________________________________________________________________

2003 TJ Rubicon * 2001 XJ Sport * 1971 Bill Stroppe Baja Bronco

"There is a very fine line between 'hobby' and 'mental illness'."

Pronunciation: 'jEp Function: noun Date: 1940

Etymology: from g. p. (G= 'Government' P= '80 inch wheelbase') A small general-purpose motor vehicle with 80" wheelbase, 1/4-ton capacity and four-wheel drive used by the U.S. army in World War II. _____________________________________________________________________

Rob wrote: SNIP this was....and I quote.."a VERY special edition" and

Reply to
twaldron

Aw I dont think its anything to worry about, I scraped off my 4.0 stickers from my wrangler, and now everyone thinks I have a 4 popper until they hear the almighty flowmaster exhaust :)

Troy

Reply to
Troy

Well, it wasnt the 4.0 sticker, but the actual Sahara logo that is missing. I might be wrong but I thought that it was not a decal.

I am going to get a carfax report on the car and see what I can find out. Thanks for the advice.

Rob

Reply to
Rob

I'd be suprised if it wasn't a decal.

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

My '99 Sahara was most definitely a sticker.

tw _____________________________________________________________________

2003 TJ Rubicon * 2001 XJ Sport * 1971 Bill Stroppe Baja Bronco

"There is a very fine line between 'hobby' and 'mental illness'."

Pronunciation: 'jEp Function: noun Date: 1940

Etymology: from g. p. (G= 'Government' P= '80 inch wheelbase') A small general-purpose motor vehicle with 80" wheelbase, 1/4-ton capacity and four-wheel drive used by the U.S. army in World War II. _____________________________________________________________________

Rob wrote:

Reply to
twaldron

For other stickers:

Dave Milne

Cool. For $40, my '03 can be Trail Rated too! Lol!

tw _____________________________________________________________________

2003 TJ Rubicon * 2001 XJ Sport * 1971 Bill Stroppe Baja Bronco

"There is a very fine line between 'hobby' and 'mental illness'."

Pronunciation: 'jEp Function: noun Date: 1940

Etymology: from g. p. (G= 'Government' P= '80 >

twaldron

Hey Rob, The last Sahara I looked at, it was a Decal. This may give you a peek...

jeep/reviews/aevrockers/

Ya know, some people just do not like decals of any sort. The previous owner may have taken them off because he or she didn't like them.

About that sales guy, what the other folks in here said is pretty right on. The Sahara IS a nice rig. I've heard it referred to as the "cadillac' of the Wrangler series BUT for the sales guy to speak so vaguely about it it sounds to me like he is either blowing smoke or has no idea what he is talking about and is winging it. Either way I'd take anything he has to say with a grain of salt and do my own research. INCLUDING having a body shop give it once over. It shouldn't cost anything and they would be able to tell if it has been repaired or not.

Hope you find out it's what you were looking for.

Kate

: > Troy : : Well, it wasnt the 4.0 sticker, but the actual Sahara logo that is : missing. I might be wrong but I thought that it was not a decal. : : I am going to get a carfax report on the car and see what I can find : out. Thanks for the advice. : : Rob :

Reply to
Kate

Speaking of Sahara, when I googled Sahara Images, this popped up Hella cool desert photo.

hate to try and drive through THAT with my top off(JEEP top - JEEP top!) Kate

: > Troy : : Well, it wasnt the 4.0 sticker, but the actual Sahara logo that is : missing. I might be wrong but I thought that it was not a decal. : : I am going to get a carfax report on the car and see what I can find : out. Thanks for the advice. : : Rob :

Reply to
Kate

Wouldnt want to go thru that with or with out any of my tops!

-jenn

Reply to
jbjeep