2004 vs 2005 [Rubicon]

What will be the difference in these years' models? Would it be cheaper to buy a 2004 now, than to wait till the new '05 model came out?

Thanks, Muuurgh

Reply to
Muuurgh

L.W.(ßill)

heh......but i think it will be '06 before we see that step.

Reply to
Nathan W. Collier

I doubt we'll see that body style for a while.. but is the front and rear independent suspension part correct in this assumption correct?

-Muuurgh

Reply to
Muuurgh

You guys hurt my brain. n.

Reply to
Nathan Otis

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

Hard to believe that Daimler will continue producing the inline 6 just for the Wrangler. Doesn't it make sense that the '05 will probably have the V-6?

Reply to
j carter

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

There'll only be one left after the '05s hit the road, won't there?

Reply to
j carter

I didn't notice Jeep's name changing to Le Jeep when it was owned by the French when the YJ was designed.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Bransford

Considering that we don't really know what 2005 has in store for Wrangler (aside from the stretched model), the picture that Bill keeps posting is nothing other than a troll. Bill is a troll, at least as far as discussing Daimler's design direction. Those who have frequented this group for a long time know this.

Brian

Reply to
twaldron

look at the icon.

at the willys
surely you dont think these were designed to be sold along side the wrangler? both are the most recent concepts as viable replacements for the SWB jeep. both have IFS. both have IRS. both clearly show the direction that daimler chrysler intends to head.

you may disagree with what bill says......you may not like it.....but to accuse him of trolling is just wrong and very misguided. right or wrong, bill is an original hardcore jeeper who speaks with conviction for his beliefs and i _respect_ that. bill is the antithesis of a troll.

Reply to
Nathan W. Collier

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

While I agree that Bill is not a troll, I do feel that he is hard headed, living in the past, and afraid of change. I have owned several Jeeps from a

59' Willys to my 80' CJ7. I think the TJ (Rubicon in particular) is the best Jeep ever designed, and DC is responsible. Now when it's discontinued, I will be sad... but all good things come to and end... and life goes on.

With much respect for Bill's opinion (mechanical knowledge), and now harm intended,

JimG

80' CJ-7 258 CID, HEI 35" BFG MT on 15x10 Centerlines D44 Rear, Dana 30 Front. SOA 4.56 Gears, LockRight F&R Dana 300 w/4:1 & Currie twin sticks Warn X8000i w/ dual batteries

Reply to
JimG

i honestly believe that were it not for jeepers being so afraid of change that jeep would have died long ago.

Reply to
Nathan W. Collier

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

Reply to
twaldron

Hi Bill,

I DO appreciate your opinion here, and thank you for the D44's in the TJ's. "Hard headed" may have been a bit harsh, and I apologize ;-)

JimG

Reply to
JimG

Reply to