2005 Jeep - Safety questions - Australia

Hi Guys, does anyone know of any safety test reports for the Jeep after

2004? Cherokee here - known as Liberty in US. I can only find some from 2002. I'm interested in purchasing a 2005 Jeep Ltd I have a 5 month old and am concerned about safety, have heard they can be top heavy and a possible roll risk.
Reply to
Penelope Walton

From Edmunds.com 2005 Jeep Liberty Limited 4WD

Safety

Safety Features

Antilock Brakes: Optional Four Wheel Antilock Brakes: Optional Depowered Airbag: Standard Passenger Airbag: Standard Head Airbag: Optional Side Airbag: Not Available Child Safety Seats: Not Available Traction Control: Not Available Stability Control: Not Available

Crash Test Results

NHTSA Ratings Passenger: Good Driver: Excellent Side Impact Front: Excellent Side Impact Rear: Excellent Rollover Rating: Average NHTSA: Excellent, Good, Average, Poor, Very Poor, Not Tested

IIHS Ratings Crash Offset: Marginal Bumper Bash: Poor IIHS: Good, Acceptable, Marginal, Poor, Not Tested

Government Crash Test Results 2005 Jeep Liberty

begin 666 diamond_9x9.gif M1TE&.#EA"0`)`( !`/_,`/___R'Y! $```$`+ `````)``D```(1C .GP(K<

-#)QOPDIE/M

Reply to
billy ray

All 4x4s are a possible roll risk. If you aren't prepared to drive one slower than you would another vehicle, don't get one.

Dave Milne

Reply to
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III