2005 TJ 4.0 Hesitating

Hi,

I have a new 2005 TJ Sport with a 4.0 / 6 speed manual. Driving around town on drive roads the engine has a slight lag in response, most noticable going into second and third. The lag / hesitation is less than a half second, is not accompanied by any miss fire and no error codes are posted. It starts fine, runs at high speed fine, and exhibits no other problems. Driving my

2000 TJ (identical except it is a 5 speed and mileage) is markedly different (same dry pavement, same gas). It's going back to the dealership on Friday (under warranty)

Anyone have a similar experience? I'm leaning to the ECM and the fuel map. Thoughts? Thanks, Michael

Reply to
John Q. Public

If your TJ was 2.5 instead 4.0 you must consider that the rpm where you need to do the manual change of gear (is that the english word???) is very different from a 2.5 and a 4.0.

In the 4.0 you should consider 2000 rpm (or more) the point to change from one gear to the next one.

Best Regards, Fidelio

"John Q. Public" escribió en el mensaje news: snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com...

Reply to
Fidelio

There's a bunch of folks (including myself) on the Rubicon Owner's Forum who have the same issue. It does not happen all the time, only occasionally.

Seems to have started with 2003 models. Everyone pretty much lives with it and nobody seems to have found a single fix that works for everyone, although some claim intake and exhaust changes have lessened or eliminated it.

If your dealer fixes it, please let us know.

-jd

John Q. Public wrote:

Reply to
jdarg

What is the link to the Rubicon Owners Forum?

Reply to
mabar

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III