2006 Grand Cherokee LTD strong Fuel smell At start-up

V8 engine has no visible leak but has strong gas odor at start-up and is much worse when cold (below freezing). Just over 6000 miles. Any help on likely cause or causes appreciated.

Reply to
rexguin

If you had the I6 I'd say it was the fuel pressure regulator. But I don't know how your fuel system is hooked up.

Leaks when cold indicate a seal is leaking. Run the engine for a bit then turn it off and feel around the injectors, rail, and connections. Every time you feel something take a sniff of your fingers. You will notice it when you find the spot that has been leaking.

You shouldn't be having that problem on such a new vehicle. Check to see if there are any recalls. If your covered by warranty I'd drag it in and make the dealer fix it.

Reply to
DougW

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)Hughes III