2008 Jeep Liberty Spy Photos. New Look on the way

Put me on the waiting list:

QX

Yick. Like a Mini-Commander. They should call it a Lieutenant.

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

At least it's 'less ugly' than the current Liberty.

Reply to
Bill Kearney

FOFLMFAO!

Reply to
Kate

Prefer the current one myself. This looks like a box with boxy lights.

Dave Milne, Scotland

Reply to
Dave Milne

I don't think the current one is ugly, it's actually rather pleasant looking. However something always bugged me about it and I wasn't sure what it was until a lady said she thought it was cute.

Jeff DeWitt

Bill Kearney wrote:

Reply to
Jeffrey DeWitt

One thing is for sure. The Jeep Commander is ugly, I think about the ugliest car on the road. And, if the 2007 Jeep LIberty - Commander picture posted here is for real, that car has to replace the regular-sized Commander as the very ugliest car on the road. that thing is truly UGLY.

james

Reply to
James

Ugly, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.

I don't think the Commander is ugly, I rather like the Cherokee looking design, but I don't much care for the funky looking lights. Nothing wrong with round headlights and separate secondary lights. Also a standard round headlamp can provide excellent light while being easy and inexpensive to replace.

My Champ, with round Sylvania high output halogens has as good or better lights than anything I've ever driven, closely followed by my Cherokee with the same lights only square.

I wonder if the difference is that the lights on the Jeep are square, or if it's because the truck sits a bit higher.

Jeff DeWitt

James wrote:

Reply to
Jeffrey DeWitt

I disagree, I think the current Libby is a fine looking little rig. This new style looks like a cross between a Cherokee and an H3...

Reply to
Kate

Most girls over here think the Wrangler is cute also !

Dave

Reply to
Dave Milne

Must confess that I didn't like it at all at first, but it has grown on me. For me it's not great, but certainly not ugly.

Reply to
Dave Milne

All Jeeps are ugly. The best we can hope for is 'cute-ugly'. There is nothing beautiful about a Jeep's appearance. It's a GD utility vehicle! A Ferrari 308 is beautiful. Personally, I think any change on the Libby is an improvement. Part of the Commander's ugliness is that it is HUGE and ugly. This new Libby will be small and ugly and therefore may become 'cute-ugly'. I dislike it less. :)

tw

Reply to
Thomas Waldron

Reply to
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III

Reply to
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III

I thought it was next summer...

Reply to
billy ray

I don't agree at all. I can't think of any that are really beautiful... well maybe one of the big old Wagoneers comes close, but most Jeeps have a solid, no nonsense utilitarian look to them, like a nice hammer does. My little Cherokee isn't beautiful, it isn't cute, but it does have that look.

Guess that's one of the things that's bugged me about the Liberty, it doesn't have that look.

Jeff DeWitt

Thomas Waldr>

Reply to
Jeffrey DeWitt

Not quite yet - will be next year ! I was of course referring to my fiancee who given 1/2 a chance will have my Wrangler off me !

Dave

Reply to
Dave Milne

yup 07/07/07 - making it easy to remember the anniversary !

Dave

Reply to
Dave Milne

Reply to