258 plastic valve covers

I have gone through at least 4 plastic valve covers in the 20 years I have owned my Jeep. I liked painting them, and dressing up the engine. I finally spent the extra money and bought an aluminum cover. It runs noticably quieter and little to no oil running over!

Reply to
Ken

I suggest looking into an aluminum cover. There are some cool looking ones out there, and they make the engine run quieter and cleaner.

Ken '82 CJ7 258 Owner since 1984

Reply to
Ken

...on the other hand, they could just go get an aluminum cover, as they are claimed to make the engine run quieter and cleaner 'tis said.

Reply to
L0nD0t.$t0we11

Reply to
Jim85CJ

Jim85CJ did pass the time by typing:

M33 T00!!

Reply to
DougW

You know, you could just replace the plastic valve cover with an aluminum one. I've heard that they run quieter and cleaner.

Scotty '99 TJ Sahara 4.0L I-6 '99 XJ Sport 4.0L I-6 '03 BMW Z4

*** This reply requires 4 size "AA" batteries (not included) ***
Reply to
Scotty

Too bad you went and spent all that money just to have a leaky valve cover.

I prefer my 'dry' plastic one.

Is there any particular reason you made this post so folks couldn't reply easily?

Mike

Ken wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

...I have an aluminum cover on my Eagle, it seems pretty quiet...and clean. Mayeb he should try that?? =-)

Gareth (who resisted the first round...lol)

Reply to
Gary Tateosian

I think it was something about he'd bought an aluminium one, but it pissed oil all over the place and was really loud.

Reply to
Dave Milne