3.53 and 3.73 spider compatibility

Hi-

Are the spider gears from a front Dana 30 with 3.53 gears compatible with a Dana 30 with 3.73 gears? I hear a lot of changing carriers but I am not sure about the spiders.

Basically I may buy new axles with lock right lockers, but because of the amount of snow we get here in Upstate NY I don't think I want the front locker, so could I use the spiders from my existing axle in the new axle?

Reply to
aGraham

L.W.(ßill)

That was also a thought, after I learned how to handle the rear.

Reply to
aGraham