31's on a stock 95 Sahara

Newbie question. I just got a 95 Sahara yj and need new rubber. Eventually I will lift but I need rubber now. Will 31's fit the stock suspension for now or should I get 30's and upgrade when the lift comes. Also any good tire deals out there right now? Mainly on road with occational ventures of road for camping and fishing.

Reply to
Tecmo Boy

Hmmmmm I used to have a link to a tire size fitment chart, but it appears to be non-functional now. Pretty sure on a YJ (like your 95),

31's would be too much without a lift.

Dave

Newbie question. I just got a 95 Sahara yj and need new rubber.

Reply to
David C. Moller

My buddy had 32s on his YJ for 3 months before he lifted it (4 inch), also a 95 (not Sahara), other that beating the crap outta his fenders it wasn't a problem....of course the fenders now have a different shape to them

Reply to
Joseph P

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

YJs have limited wheelhouse clearance vs CJs & TJs and thus will not clear

31s without a lift. This limited clearance was an intended to prevent the installation of larger tires and was a byproduct of the many litigation claims against AMC re: CJ rollover accidents. (A former colleague was General Sales Manager for AMC when the YJ was designed.)
Reply to
Jerry McG

There are enough errors in that chart that I personally know are incorrect or misleading that I wouldn't use it.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Bransford

Reply to