4.6L Crown Vic PI engine into a jeep

I have a totalled Crown Victoria Police Interceptor with a good 4.6L engine and low miles on it. I was wondering has any successfully swapped this engine into a jeep? If so, what kind of transmission and transfer case was used? Thanks.

Rob

Reply to
themophead

It probably has as its first, best purpose a home in a Ford product or maybe a boat. Putting it in a Jeep will gain you, what, 600cc of displacement? And a torque curve not suited to four wheel drive service.

If you really want to do an engine swap, I'd look at diesel. The torque curve is right and the economy is a lot better.

Reply to
Ted Azito

Me, I'd love to swap in a Ford 6.8L v10 into a Jeep, just to see if it could be done...

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

Reply to
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Yeah, I saw that. The Triton engine might be even harder to fit, it's SOHC and pretty wide.

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

Call Novak

Reply to
cj573cj5

Reply to
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

I doubt an AX-5 would hold up to a Chevy V8.

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

Wow... do you have any idea how wide a 4.6 is? Picture an old 460. Yeah, bigger than that. Plus when you realize you need to change cam(s) to build it for torque, $$$. AND, the modulars love to rev high and mighty unlike their pushrod brothers. Anything could be done, as long as you have a big budget, bigger torch and can weld.

Don W

Reply to
Don Wallish