4 cylinder to V8 conversion

Hello, All I am doing a conversion from a 4 cylinder to a V8 AMC 304 engine i need to find the motor mounts for my project. I have been unsuccessful tring to located these parts that i need. if any of you have an idea or a web site where i can find what i am looking for it will very much appreciated. thanks for your help. hopefully someone will have an answer for me thanks again.

Reply to
tito

It depends on the vehicle. Try entering as many specifics as possible, model year, model, place where you got the 304, etc.

Earle

***
Reply to
Earle Horton

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Even a Deutz diesel?

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton

You don't say what 'flavor' of Jeep.....

Stock in a CJ, the 304 used the same bracket shapes and mounts as the

258 uses, they just apparently put them on backward... The anchored the mount in a reverse from the 258 so the metal plate with the safety catch is on the outside vs on the inside for the 258 which makes them look 'upside down'.

This is from a thread we had going on here a while back. I was mentioning which way the rubber mount had to oriented, and after discussion, we figured his setup was the above.

The Haynes manual has drawings of them.

Mike

Mike Romain

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

I was giving him an idea of an easier mount to locate.

I also should clarify that the half of the mount with the lo>

Reply to
Mike Romain

How's your success with that Deutz conversion? I've seen a few ford pickups with the 5 cylinder 914 varity of air cooled Deutzes. I'd love to own a Deutz powered anything for fun.

The bomb would be an old crew cab short bed 4x4 with a stick and a turbo charged, air cooled Deutz. It would go anywhere and carry your family in style. Putting on in a HUMVEE would be too cool.

I think you are going to get 70hp out of a 4 cylinder 912 Deutz. Around 180 foot pounds of torque.

A 230 cubic inch diesel will lug you around as well, if not certainly better, than a 230 cubic inch gasser. It will certainly give you desired characteristics above the 258 AMC for lugging mountain passes.

Keep us posted on the health of that siezed motor...inquiring minds want to know.

Randolf

Reply to
randolf_scott

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

MORE probably has what you need. They're kinda pricey, but I can attest that mine are bombproof. TrailMarker.

TrailMarker