4" Lift

I was going to ask what you all thought of Rough Country lift kits, but for some reason I haven't been able to post for a few weeks. My wife bought me a Rough Country 4" kit for my TJ. (hehe, she's cool, huh?). We found it on eBay (brand new) for $499 including shipping to anywhere.

The kit came with 4 coils, shocks, and bumpstop extensions, front/rear lower control arms, tcase drop tubes, front/rear brake line drop brackets, front/rear trackbar brackets, and a drop pitman arm. I couldn't think of anything else I'd need for that lift except for 33's. ;-)

Has anyone had any experience with this kit? Keep in mind I'm not a professional rock crawler that goes out to Moab every weekend. And no, Bill, this isn't a real Jeep. ;-) Should I leave my 2" spacers on and get a whopping 6"?? I think I'd have to change more stuff...

I won't be putting it on until May, but it'll be something to look forward to!

Eric

99 TJ SE
Reply to
Eric

Well, I don't have a TJ, I have a CJ7 and am half way through with putting my Superlift kit on I got from Ebay. So far I like it. I just finished the front and next weekend I will do the back which should be much faster.

Just a word about height. The higher you go the higher your center of gravity will be and the easier it will be to turn over. I'm good at 4". The only reason I will ever get a body lift is if I could ever afford to get a NV4500 and with that I am told you need a 1" body lift.

Hth,

Bill

Reply to
William Oliveri

Reply to
David C. Moller

Took the words right outta my mouth!

I would also agree about the lift height; don't go higher than necessary to fit the tires. You want to try to keep that COG as low as possible with the necessary amount of lift (which is why some some people will go so far as to cutt up their fenders to fit bigger tires, rather than getting an additional lift)

Reply to
Bob