4Wheel Drive Fall Catalog

Dear Jeep Enthusiasts,

As you know, some things in life happen unexpectedly that are out of the realm of anyone's control. These events can sometimes cause a ripple effect that touches a large group of people.

As you may be aware, Steve Irwin, Crocodile Hunter, passed away tragically on September 4, 2006. Steve's exuberant style and love for what he did made him stand out as one of the most colorful and world-recognized conservationists of our time.

Because of his popularity, 4 Wheel Drive Hardware chose to parody a likeness of Steve as our spokesperson for finding "Jeeps in the Wild" on the cover of our recent Fall Jeep=AE Catalog.

Unfortunately, the catalogs that portrayed his likeness were mailed on Friday, September 1st, leaving no time to avoid distribution of our "Jeep Hunter" cover.

We sincerely hope that the family and fans of Steve Irwin will see this parody as a tribute to Steve and the millions of people whose lives he touched.

We'd also like to take this opportunity to extend to Steve's wife, Terri and their two children, Bindi Sue and Robert our deepest sympathies during this very difficult time.

Sincerely,

Henk van Dongen VP of Marketing

4 Wheel Drive Hardware
Reply to
vanDongenHenk

"stuff happens" An oops like that sure isn't going to change my mind about your magazine or buying from your stores.

I'm sure there will be folks that get bent, but what can you do apart from donning asbestos underwear and putting the phones on hold.

My only suggestion is in the next catalog you print a simple explanation on the first page.

Reply to
DougW

Doug,

Thanks for your feed back and the suggestion about putting something in the next catalog. It's an option we are considering here as well.

Henk

DougW wrote:

Reply to
vanDongenHenk