5.2 V8 spark plugs

I recently took my wifes 98 GC into the local reair shop to diagnose a check engine light that was giving me a code which said cyl. 6 was misfiring. Prior to going to the shop I had replaced the plugs and determined that the ignition wires were firing properly. The new plugs were Bosch 4 point platinums. The repair shop which eventually diagnosed the problem as a leaking intake manifold gasket insisted that the platinum plugs were bad for the engine and replaced them with conventional plugs. I have never heard that "platinum plugs are not suitable for a distrubutor type ignition system". I have been running Bosch platinum plugs in my 2000 4.0 TJ for over a year. Any comments?? tia dw

Reply to
Dalewhite

Yes, I have comments. Bosch platinum plugs are garbage, regardless of the exorbitant amount of money that they charge for them. I am also a dealer tech, and I also recommend to my customers that they not use them. Bosch plugs create misfires.

It isn't a platinum issue, either. GM has been using AC platinum plugs for a number of years without incident. It is a Bosch thing, they suck.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Newton

Reply to