'53 M38A1 Jeep Rear Drum Removal

I have a 1953 M381A which closest resembles a 1955 CJ5...

The driver's side rear drum has 3 of the 5 lugs busted off of it. (The former owners didn't get the reversed threads)

Now I need to get the drum off to replace the wheel bearings and a drum puller will not attach to the studs. The 3 remaining studs are not in a convenient pattern....

Any suggestions?

Reply to
DK

L.W.(Bill) Hughes III

How would you suggest hooking the drum after the studs are pushed through?

Reply to
DK

Ahhhhh- The old "How Do I Break the Hub/Drum Loose From a Tapered Axle But Three Studs Are !&#^ Broken" question.

Loosen off the hub nut (but not *too* loose) then go for a short drive on a bumpy road.

Repeat until the hub/drum is loose.

For other possible solutions go to

and do a search for "'stuck hub" and/or "hub removal"

H.

Reply to
Howard Eisenhauer

it:

I think it will hold the center> long enough to pop it. Or use an acetylene and blow the broken studthrough,