6inch daylighters

hi all, i got a pair of black 6 inch daylighters for an early xmass present, where do i mount them on a 90 YJ, im using a stock bumper, and am getting a winch later on, i have a set of pro-com bolted to my window frame sides now, thanks for any ideas,

i was thinking of the "warn" winch plate with the brush guard and mounting them on top of the brush guard?? good idea?? i see they have a nice brush guard for the TJ, that bolts onto the bumper,, but not the YJ,,grrrrrr maybe weld it on?? john p

Reply to
scopenutt

L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Well if ya get a decent solution lemme know, I bought the same ones for my spouse' 93 stock yj. Windsheild light racks are wind noisy and the lights won't fit in the stock foglight positions, they hit the fenders. She'll not have a winch so we'll be looking at the center of the front bumper.

4" of snow here! A white Christmas in South Texas at MooMesa Ranch!
Reply to
Jeepers

heres what my son and i did for mounting, take and think capital "A" chop the top off and add 2inch tabs onto the "A"s feet, i drew it out onto a piece of plywood,

2inch tab, 33inches apart, a nine inch top section, down 14inches to the 2inch tabs,

i went to Lows hardware and bought a piece of flat-bar two inches wide

3/16 thick and 4 feet long,

my son heated the scribes with a plumbing torch(dont have a real one) after i clamped the steel against my table-saw, after a long heating to each scribe i bent the angles in, wire-brushed,drilled two 1/2inch holes 3.5 out from center on the top section, 1 --1/2 hole in each foot-tab, cleaned and primered,painted black, mounted into the back treaded holes just behing the front bumper, with

1/2X1inch bolts and a washer, painted black, (my jeeps white,and brown mud :) with black,,no chrome)

the lights are level with the top of the hood, last night was foggy and i went and got them aligned to my liking,

my son likes them best lit up with the covers on,,ha,,, dam these things put a load onto my poor little fourbanger,,

i didnt bumper or window frame, mount them because here in the WASHington state i run up in the woods and the trees like to scrape everything off including my top threads at the seams,

my take, yr milage may vary, it works for me till i get a welder and a real set of torches,

Johnp Happy Holadays to all,

Jeepers wrote:

present,

fenders.

Reply to
scopenutt

Pix?

Reply to
Jeepers

Jeepers, if you send me youe email addy to mine, ill send ya a pic, i dont know where to post pics on here, johnp

Reply to
scopenutt

scopenutt did pass the time by typing:

alt.binaries.pictures.autos.4x4 is a group some folk use.

Reply to
DougW