73 cj5

got it running purrs like a kitty thank you all much now i think i might sell it after all that

Reply to
KC

Same thing for my '76 CJ5. Except I know I'd never get the $$$ out of it that I've already put into it and... IT IS BAD-ASS!!! I'd regret it the day I sold it. I can have too much fun to justify selling mine at this point. I could probably get $3000 if I was lucky for mine and I just put about $1500 into it plus the purchase price of about $3200 less than a year ago. No way am I selling mine now. Tomorrow I'm gonna do the rear brakes and then (cross your fingers for me) I'm taking it in to see if I can get it to pass inspection. I'm taking off from work tomorrow, friday, monday, and tuesday. If I can get it to pass inspection tomorrow then I'm gonna THRASH that puppy during my time off from work. And take pictures. WOOT WOOT!!!! Don't sell it, dude. I'll bet I can get more than $3000 worth of fun out of mine. Can you get that much or more fun out of yours? Probably, if you try... You only go around once. You gonna sell it and buy some lame painting or some crap like that to hang on the wall? Not me. :-)

Reply to
Shaggie

Hey, KC, tell us what was wrong with it. It helps _us_ when someone else pops in with a question.

I doubt that many of us here could get back the money they've put into their Jeeps (Real or otherwise). But mostly what I hear is folks saying "Gee, I had a Jeep, once. I'm still sorry that I sold it..."

Reply to
Lee Ayrton

i actually took it to a mechanic i had to have ignition replaced new terminals and cables and also he rewired the solenoid and the ignition module i believe it was

Reply to
KC