81 CJ5 Steering Gear

I have a 1981 CJ5 with power steering, no additonal lift and 10.5 x 31 tires. I have had it for about 6 years. I bought it from a guy who at one some point replaced the steering gear. He told me when I bought it that it has the incorrect steering gear and as a result, the steering is very touchy. When on the highway, I have to be extremely careful not to bump the wheel, as I will go flying off the road. So my question is, where can I get a stock steering gear, remember it has power steering. And what should it cost.

Wanna see a picture of my Jeep?

for any help Brad

Reply to
Ghostbuster

Drink

I cant find this thread? What did we come up with?

Reply to
Ghostbuster

Reply to
Drink

Thanks for the info, I think I just really need to know if my current steering gear box is correct or not. I dont want to spend $180 to find out that my box is fine. My steering will not come back to center when I turn. And the steering wheel turns 4 times from far left to far right. Is this the norm for a CJ5 with power steering?

Reply to
Ghostbuster

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)