87 XJ cheap

If anyone near Colorado Springs wants an 87 XJ in decent shape (nice body, engine is a little tired but runs well, owner has a list of all the problems he knows about ) drop me a note and I'll put you in touch. They bought her a Forester to replace it but the dealer didn't want to take the Cherokee in trade. Good for parts if nothing else and I'm sure they would appreciate getting it hauled away.

Just posting for your info - dickering is up to you!

Reply to
Will Honea

They used to tell me that, but now I tell them they "have to" take my trade in. I got $200 trade in on a completely worn out 1960 Rambler American Station Wagon once. ;^)

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton

Reply to
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III

Wait till it is so old the dealer offers YOU the $200 if you'll just keep it.

Earle Horton proclaimed:

Reply to
Lon

Bill,

There's no telling what can happen to a vehicle with your plates still on it, and name still recorded with the DMV. Friends had a Subaru, that they had sold, wind up in a ditch with several severely injured people in it, their plates still on it. The only thing that saved them from some serious complications was that the buyer had the signed title in his glove box, and he had left a voice mail message with his insurance company, that the insurance company decided to honor as taking out a policy on the car. Colorado DA decided that leaving the plates on the car wasn't such a big deal, but this won't always happen.

Earlier this summer I wouldn't even let a guy drive a vehicle the ten blocks to the court house with my plates on it, so he drove it with no plates instead. In this county, he wasn't taking much of a chance.

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton

Reply to