88' Cherokee W/ Many Annonying Oil Leaks

I have a 88' Xj lardeo with many annonying oil leaks. One of the culprites was the rear main, So one sunny day (actully many sunny days) I changed the valve cover gasket, the rear main seal, and the oil pan gasket. Even though that has been done, It is still leaking, much slowler now but from the front leaking down the front of the oil pan untill it reaches the drain bolt and then drips off, onto every thing, my front drive line, trnasmission, and the exhaust causing a build up, eventully smoking as it bakes off. I checked the oil filter and there are no leaks from it or the mounting bracket itself. At first I thought that I screwed up the oil pan gasket but, After some inspection, I think that it may be coming from above the pan, like the timing chain cover gasket leaking down, I have read that the front main is located in there too. I just put a new water pump in it yesterday and noticed today that a bead of oil was sitting on the water pump radiator hose connection, above the front of the oil pan gasket. What else could it be? Any suggestions would be great?

Thanks, Ben H.

Reply to
Xanatos

See what I mean? Well, since I'm in here any way, I might as well (add endless list of other things to do) .

Happens every time!

Reply to
Will Honea

Reply to