89 4.2 miss

Hi All, I've got an '89 with the 4.2 and dreaded Carter carb. Previous owner paid a small fortune to get is to pass local emmision tests, then decided to sell it.

Occasionally, it would not start after a short trip. Engine would turn over fine but no spark at the coil. Thanks to this newsgroup I ended up changing the coil and then the ignition module. This problem seems to have gone away... I haven't had to walk home for some time.

Now I have an intermittent miss. When it happens the tachometer drops to zero. Vehicle act as though the ignition has been shut off. Sometimes this will be only for a millisecond or so, and sometimes two or three seconds. I have been looking for a loose connector, frayed wire, shorting wire, etc. And having no luck yet. Does someone have any suggestions on what I may have wrong?

-Dave-

Reply to
Dave_Sparkman