'90 XJ 4.0 Intake R&R

I traced a small exhaust leak to rear of the head where I found the manifold mount stud sheared off. So I gotta remove the manifolds to repair the stud... I have the service manual and it mentions replacing the o-rings on the fuel feed and return lines, and the exhaust pipe donut... Obviously I'll use a new manifold gasket.

I hope to gather all the parts before I tear it apart... Should I expect to replace any other parts such as injector o-rings?... Anything else I should do while everything is apart?

TIA - Joe

Reply to
Joe M

Joe M did pass the time by typing:

If your fairly careful the o rings can be reused. I've taken the fuel rail connectors off several times with no problems. Just watch them when you start the engine to make sure they don't leak.

Dunno what the cost is for those O rings, but if they are cheap you may as well pick up a few for spares.

Reply to
DougW