90 YJ Replacement Speedo Cable Recommendations?

All,

I have a 90 YJ and I need to replace the speedometer cable. I am having a bit of problem getting an aftermarket one. I got one from Napa that supposedly fit the vehicle, however it is about 2 feet too short and has the screw on fitting for going into the speedometer head, when my current on has a clip on cable. I returned it. Then I thought I would order one from Quadratec (Jeep online parts distributor) thinking that they certainly would have the correct part. Again, I requested one for my 90 YJ and ended up with a speedo cable that was the same as the one from Napa (2 feet too short and screw on head). Have other YJ owners of my vintage run into similar problems? Where did you get your replacement? I'll try the dealership but they want $45 and they have to special order it.

Thanks

mpv

Reply to
Michael Vincenty