90YJ powertrax no-slip lockers

trying to get a set for the rear and maybe the front for xmass, is it advisable to do both front and rear?

im stock axils so i believe Dana 30-front 35 rear,

31inch tires no lift yet

alot of street, alot of rain, some snow, and weelends in the woods,rocks mud, , will i tear my rig apart? better to do just rear? , or just the regular powertrax lockers , help, johnp

Reply to
scopenutt

My daughter has had two lockrights in the rear of her 95 YJ, first one lasted a day, second one lasted a week, it was her 19th birthday yesterday and I got her a detroit locker. Although it may be something to do with her haveing a ford 9" in the rear, both lockrights, ( for the 9" ) were installed by machanics, first one my brother in law, ford master machanic, second by our neighbour, 60 year old machanic. My advise would be to save your money.

Reply to
Greg

I started with a front locker in my CJ. Installed it myself (not a hard job), and I picked the front because with the hubs unlocked there would be no difference in daily driving, I figured it was the safest one to try first. I liked it so much I did a rear locker shortly after. I have been happy with them both. I live a few hours from Moab, so it has seen some good use. I have 32" tires. The rear locker in the snow can be a little different, never had a problem in the rain. I think for the price the powertrax / lock-rite locker is a good choice. I have no doubt that a detroit or ARB would be a better locker with some advantages. But for the price, and self installation I have been extremely happy.

Reply to
Rusted

you're running 31'a with no lift? How is that working for you? I was told it just wouldn't work...

Reply to
jasonp

You can do it if you use aftermarket wheels with a different offset than stock. I've seen several like that with no problem. Of course, if you really like to flex your jeep you might run into problems, but for general off road trail riding it should be OK.

-- Old Crow '82 Shovelhead FLT 92" 'Pearl' TOMKAT, BS#133, SENS, MAMBM, DOF#51, SPONGER#2

Reply to
Old Crow

Thats good then. I've done the springs on my 89 and I swear they are lifted (bought them used) so there shouldn't be any problems...cross my fingers

Reply to
jasonp