91 Cherokee ABS Pump running

My 91 Cherokee ABS Pump has started to run whenever I depress the brake pedal while driving. I just replaced both calipers, both wheel cylinders, pads, rotors, drums and shoes. I never noticed this before. I don't think it is normal. Also, the ABS light came on right before I did the brake job and is still on after the brake job. I bled the brakes and have a firm pedal and the brakes stop well. Why would the pump run when I apply the brakes during normal stopping?

Thanks, Gary

Reply to
Gary

L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Gary did pass the time by typing:

Clean the ABS computer connector and the wheel sensor connectors. Open the shell and tap the dirt out. Use a contact cleaner but keep it off the paint. Contact cleaner is nasty on skin and strips paint.

The pump will run if it detects one wheel slipping and that can be due to a sensor out of alignment or a dirty connection.

Or like Bill said, you might have gotten air in there. However with a firm pedal I'd be looking elsewhere first. Make sure you didn't knock the wire from a sensor.

Reply to
DougW

I had a similar problem recently when i was pressing the brake the ABS was freaking out and start pulsating for nothing, I had a big piece of my tone wheel that fell off due to corosion.

replace the axle end and BINGO.

might not be the problem but easy to check ...

Pat

--

-- LE CLONE

279 Notre-Dame Gatineau, Qc J8P 1K6 (819) 643-0511 SANS FRAIS 1 888 643 0511
Reply to
Le CLone