91 Cherokee Vibrations

Since quite a while I get some vibrations probably from the rear wheels on my 91 Cherokee (453,000 km). I had the tires electronically balanced numerous times; I rotated them all over the place; I bought a new (used) rim because I thought the vibration came from the old rim. Nothing has changed. Is there any other thing I should look at? Gerd

Reply to
gwengler

When a u-joint starts going bad it vibrates. Usually around 55-60 mph.

You can check it by blocking the wheels and putting it into neutral to take the load off the drivetrain. You then can see if there is any movement at any of the u-joint caps or any rust stains coming out of them. Either means it needs a new one.

Mike

Mike Romain