91 YJ JEEP SOFT TOP Help!!!!

I have a bestop soft top with their hardware.The frame hardware that folds up is in not good shape its held to gather with duck tape.The top is in good shape.I need to know if I have to have bestop frame work are can I use factory frame hardware.This is my first jeep and any help would be great Thanks!!!

Reply to
BRIAN

There are several different things that you could actually have here. The two most likely are Bestop Supertop and Bestop Replace-a-Top on factory hardware, if you actually have a Bestop soft top cover. The answers are different for each one. Are the top rear corners of the doors angled, or are they rounded with about a four inch radius?

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton

soft top with their hardware.The frame hardware that

They are rounded.From looking at bestop page i have there hardware.thanks for the help!!

Reply to
BRIAN

Brian,

Here is a link to a page

that shows the frames of the OEM soft tops which is the same as the Bestop Replace-A-Top frames. If your frame looks like this then you have the Replace-A-Top soft top from Bestop and you can use the hardware from a factory soft top. If your frame doesn;t look like this then you more than likely have a Bestop SuperTop and I do not belive that they sell the hardware seperate. You'll need to find it on the used market or buy a whloe new soft top with hardware. If you need to get your hands on hardware for the factory/Replace-A-Top, there are places on the web that sell the hardware only for the soft tops now.

Nat Man

Reply to
Nat Man