91YJ Mileage Milestone

Just reached the 250,000 mile (402336 kilometers) mark on my 91 Wrangler. Performed a compression check and all cylinders reading 155 Psi. Leakdown test showed all cylinders and valves are still tight. Drivetrain is all orignal, so same mileage all around on driveline components. Only major driveline maintenance: replaced Dana 30 DS front axle: Moab incident (first and only trail breakdown). replaced Dana 35 outside axle seals and differential gears (spiders). replace tracloc clutch pack. replaced AX15 bearings and 2d & 3rd sychros. replaced clutch, pressure plate and TO bearing. replaced internal slave twice (needs another one) replaced NP231 chain (ran dry), didn't change the gears though. replaced rear Ujoints (several times). replaced rear pinion and seal twice.

Jeep is a 91YJ 4.0L six with header and HiPro cam.

4" Skyjacker lift with BFG 33X12.5 MT original Dana front and rear diffs with 4.10 gearing. various other mods too numerous to mention here.

This has been one dam fine YJ.

Scott

Reply to
reconair

reconair did pass the time by typing:

Got the specs on that cam?

Reply to
DougW

No Doug I don't. It's been so long ago, I've lost them. But, I do remember I ordered it from the Mopar catalog and had the dealer do the install. If my memory serves, the cam I selected was one level below competition. Whatever that means. There were 4 to choose from and I picked number three. The engine would idle very low -- about 450-500 rpm. So I had to adjust the TB idle to bring it back to 700rpm.

Reply to
reconair

Only in a Jeep. My 79 CJ went almost that much but rusted away sadly. One reliable Jeep, miss her.

Andy

2001 TJ Built
Reply to
Andy

Not necessarily. I had an old S-10 4x4 with a 2.8l that did 350,000+ before I wrecked it and forced it into retirement. My '95 YJ just turned 198,000 and my wife's '94 just turned over 200,000. All it takes is a good maintenance schedule.

-- Old Crow '82 FLTC-P "Pearl" '95 Jeep YJ Rio Grande SENS, TOMKAT, BS#133, DOF#51, MAMBM

Reply to
Old Crow