'93 Grand Cherokee Climate Control (Blend Air Door?) Problems

I have a '93 Grand Cherokee Limited (6 cyl) with electronic climate control system. I started having intermittent problems with my climate controls:

First problem was when I would dial in a temperature and it wouldn't be accurate. I'd have it set for 60 and it would be hot. I'd have to turn it much lower than what I should in order to get cold air. After awhile, no matter what temp setting I dialed it to, it would always blow cold. After fiddling for awhile, I got it to blow hot air and now it's stuck on hot air and I can't change it.

Next, it wouldn't allow me to select from vent to defrost or bi-level or feet, etc. It's stuck on vent.

Next, the blower won't turn on.

Finally, hot air is always seeping into the cabin from the dash. No matter if I have it turned completely off, when I start driving, hot air will seep. The blower won't come on so I suspect this is the vent open?

I ran the built-in diagnostics and it returned a series of error codes talking about blend air door, blend air door actuator, servo motor, etc.

Has anyone heard of this type of problem before and roughly how much it would cost to repair? My '93 Grand Cherokee has a 165k miles on it and I love it, but I don't want to be taken to school by the dealer as they've already tried to screw me once with a brake repair.

I'd appreciate some straight talk and any advice that anyone has.

Thanks in advance,

Michael michael at michaelseufer . com (Please reply to this e-mail address and not the hotmail one - thanks)

Reply to
Michael Seufer

You might want to get a FSM to verify that there are common circuits in the motor power control and blend doors, but a good guess is that the ATC control module itself appears to be having issues.

What is the *first* set of codes you see when you press either A/C or Recirc with the initial "00" displayed?

Reply to
L0nD0t.$t0we11