'93 Grand Cherokee rear tranny seal

Quick question. Does the tranny on my '93 Grand (5.2L/46RH/NP249) have a seal, or is the seal on the front of the transfer case like it was on the

700R4 in my late GMC Jimmy? I'm dripping ATF, I'm just wondering if it's a seal on the tranny or simply the gasket/RTV between the cases.
Reply to
SBlackfoot

IIRC, it's a seal on the transmission output shaft adapter where it mates to the xfr case. There is probably a form-a-gasket between the cases also.

For a 93 a little territory marking is "normal" :) I just put a piece of carpet under the jeep to catch the drippings and add check the fluid every oil change. Usually it's less than an oz.

Reply to
DougW

Thanks for the info. It's not a huge amount, but it makes it obvious where on the street my Jeep has been parked. lol I want to swap out that 249 for a 242 some day (soon), that'll be an ideal time to replace any seals while I'm in there.

Reply to
SBlackfoot