94 Grand Cherokee - Where is my orifice tube in the A/C?

I am changing the A/C compressor on my Jeep GC 5.2. I have tried finding the orifice tube that is supposed to be in the lines. However, I have taken them all loose and cannot find one. Doe the 94 Grand Cherokee have a seperate orfice tube? The guy at the parts house give me one with my new accumulator and compressor but cannot find a place to stick it? Thanks, Mike...

Reply to
Mikey52

Ask Bill, he's really good at that.

L.W.(Bill) Hughes III

Reply to
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III

Reply to
Mikey52

Dunno if this will help, but in the 95 fsm, there is text [no pictures or drawings] that repeatedly just notes that the fixed orifice tube is in the liquid line near the condensor... and that if it is dirty or clogged the liquid line is what is replaced. All references are as uninformative.

Mikey52 proclaimed:

Reply to
Lon

According to my book it's in the evaporator inlet pipe (liquid line)

Probably not in the hose but in the hard line just before the evaporator coil? Never took mine apart.

Reply to
DougW

I think it's near the condensor. Kind of a strange place but that would explain condensation dripping off the entire line connecting condensor to evaporator, a line that is normally a warm liquid line on the high pressure side. Yet on the GC it's after the orifice and thus is part of the low pressure side (note where your LP service valve is). I'm no expert but to me it seems strange not to have a variable expansion valve on a system with wildly fluctuating compressor speeds but that's how they do it, clutch switching only.

Reply to
Steve Kraus