95 cherokee alternator

I just replaced the alternator on my 95 cherokee country edition and have a wire not connected to anything. Cant find the mate for the plug. The wire is the large black wire that is on the top of the alternator, the one you have to screw in with the big plastic shield. The wire runs from there back to the oil filter and has a plug on the end. Problem is I cant find the other end of the plug and have nothing to connect the wire too. Now my jeep will not even turn over.

thanks for any help

Dan

Reply to
d_giossi