95 Cherokee steering Stabilizer question

Hello, I just replaced the steering stabilizer on my Cherokee. The Napa replacement (checked #'s twice) was backwards from the original (110,000 miles), in other words the piston is now attached to the axle and the shock base is attached to the link. Seems to fit good, will this be a problem? Napa says it is right. Cant wait to see if it makes a difference in constantly correcting and having the wind blow you around. Note- Taking the old one of (pin in link) was a real B****. Manual says use gear puller, get the 4 inch minimum. Broke 1 (china) and had to get another still would not come off. Crushed bolt. Had to drill out and then grind off part of the bolt then finallly 'pop'. Penetrating oil seems not to penetrate at all......

Tom

Reply to
flannery

flannery did pass the time by typing:

Should be a eye on both sides. :/ Oh well, if it clears without hitting or catching on anything that will be fine.

Don't neglect the antisway bushings, those do a lot to prevent wind steer.

For the 93, 95 should be similar.

Front is basically the same. Pay attention to the U clamps as they do crack and that will make your Jeep handle poorly in the wind.

DougW

Doug Thanks! I will check out the mounts etc. I am afraid it will be more than the 2 beers mentioned (needed 4 to get that damn pin out). There are eyelets on both ends but the new pin and bolt only fit one end so that is how I had to put it on. Thanks again already printed nice tutorial.

Reply to
flannery

flannery did pass the time by typing:

That pin is a real pain isn't it. :) I've had to replace mine twice so far. The sway bars are much easier in comparion.

Reply to
DougW