95 Wrangler Sahara - broken wiper stalk - need help

I just bought a 95 Wrangler Sahara. The wiper, turn signal, stalk is broken - the wiper just spins and spins. It has cruise control. I bought the new stalk and every thing was working great until I found the cruise control wire (I think its for the cruise control) has a different connector. Went back to the dealer and they said it was the only part listed for any of the YJ. The connector on the jeep has 6 pins, 4 of them have wires. The new part has a flat connector -its not similar. Does anyone know if this needs to be spliced, or is there another stalk/connector that matches my car? Also, if it does need to be spliced, all the colors seem to be the same except on the old part there is a white wire, on the new a yellow wire. The other three colors are blue, black, and orange. Do I just match up all the colors except match yellow to white? Is there an adapter?

Thanks in advance

Reply to
tobor

Take the old part to the dealership parts department. They Should be able to find the part number or look through the catalogue a year before and after your model and find the part.

Reply to
billy ray

Sorry I don't know, but I think you are going to have problems if you assume that yellow equals white, without getting confirmation. I would be looking for a wiring diagram in your place. The Haynes Manual I have for the 87-95 Wrangler wouldn't be any help at all.

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton

Thanks. That is what I thought too, but the parts manager looked it up of all the YJs and it was the same part number. He kept asking me if I wanted to reorder the same part. This made no sense to me - although he was very helpful and seemed genuinely interested in the problem.. It was a jeep dealership, so I was hoping that someone there would have some experience. But, they said there were no jeep mechanics there (there were about 15 jeeps on lifts, I guess on the weekends they only do real minor stuff). Its been a very strange experience all the way around.

billy ray wrote:

Reply to
tobor

Thanks, thats funny cause I have been looking at the Haynes manual hoping for some guidance - I dont see it either and they punt in the section on cruise control. The section about the fixing the turn signal in the book doesn't even show the stalk. I can't be the first person to have this problem, the stalk seems to be a weak spot, I have seen other posts from people fixing the stalk but never a mention of this problem.

Earle Hort> Sorry I don't know, but I think you are going to have problems if you assume

Reply to
tobor