95 XJ - clunk after stopping

Wife's 95 XJ (automatic I-6) has acquired a 'clunk' after coming to a stop. Seems to be from the rear. Brakes are good.

Thoughts, Suggestions, Ideas?

tia paul

Reply to
paul

Maybe start by greasing the slip joint. .

Reply to
bowgus

I had the same problem on my wife's XJ and it was something to do with the rear brakes. Had them redone and never had another problem...

Reply to
Eric

Our clunk was the slip-yoke... it felt as if the Jeep was squatting at first then you could hear a light clunk... possibly the rear springs settling... A SYE and new Deaver springs from T and J Performance in Orange, CA our problem...

The brakes did have "swooshing-swooshing" sound at around the 60,000 mile mark. New shoes silenced them. No problems with the rear since...

-- Taylor

'03 Audi S6 Avant '05 Mazda6 Wagon GT '98 Jeep Cherokee Sport

Reply to
Just Taylor