? 96 GranD cherokee Laredo 4x4

i have a 96 Grand cherokee Laredo 4x4 with select trac

I been reading this group for a while and had to ask a few question.

and guess what ? i have another question.

How am i supposed to know wich axle i have ? front and rear...

and my other question is that it look like other terms are use instead of Grand cherokee and i guess this is based on the tub of the jeep ? would mine be a ZJ ?

I have planned to finnaly keep my GC and go with a 4 " Lift and 31 " Im looking to keep a good ride but have a bit more clereance to avoid shoveling the snow when i go to the cottage during the winter, i always been succesfull but last here i got almost stuck in 2 feet of snow.

Any reliable KIT that i can buy ? Im looking for quality in the midrange price.

BTW no plan to off-road,

Pat

French beeing my primary language sorry for my bad english...

-- LE CLONE

279 Notre-Dame Gatineau, Qc J8P 1K6 (819) 643-0511 SANS FRAIS 1 888 643 0511

snipped-for-privacy@bellnet.ca

Le CLone

is your friend.Nick

Reply to
Nick

Your Jeep sounds like a ZJ. Your English is better than my French, no need to apologize. Look into a Rubicon Express lifts. KH

Reply to
Kevin in San Diego

Hi Pat,

S.D.L. Suspension in Ste-Madeleine sells a 3" TeraFlex kit for the ZJ that will let you clear 31" tires no problem:

This kit replaces all four coils with taller springs. You'll need longer shock absorbers and anti-swaybar links to go with that kit, and possibly lower control arms too. $$$.

If you really have no plans for off roading, then you can fit 31" tires under a budget boost (longer shocks, 2" coil spacers, bumpstop spacers) for a fraction of the price:

Call SDL and they can advise you en français.

Steve

Le CL> I have planned to finnaly keep my GC and go with a 4 " Lift and 31 " Im

Reply to
Steve