96 Jeep Cherokee 4.0L trouble code 43

After driving about an hour and a half on the freeway, we stopped at a gas station. When we left, it started fine. We went another few miles (city driving) and stopped for 15 minutes to half an hour. When we started the jeep, it ran rough (but a consistent rough). We pulled away and for about 20 feet, it kept running rough, but came out of it and ran fine. On the way back home, the check engine light came on, and I got touble code 43 which is a misfire. I've seen postings that say Jeep had a bad/weak batch of valve springs during 96 and 97. My question is - does that sound like bad valve springs? Or should I check elsewhere first. I haven't checked anything yet. Thanks, Wes

Reply to
wes.faul

L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

How old is the distributor cap and rotor and plugs?

Mike

Mike Romain