97-01 Original Stereo Removal

Can anyone give me tips about removing factory stereo unit? Can=B4t find infomation anywhere. I have Cherokee Sport XJ 2001. Here in Oulu anyone can=B4t help me. Thank you for any info.

Reply to
arska

Disconnect the negative battery cable first, to keep from throwing the anti thief lock. Remove the one screw from the bezel, ashtray area:

God Bless America, Bill O|||||||Omailto: snipped-for-privacy@aol.com

Reply to
L.W. (Bill) Hughes III

I am speaking from experience with my own 1998 XJ.

The plastic bezel that surrounds the stereo unit, heater/AC controls, etc. just snaps offwith a gentle tug.

First, with the car off, put the shifter into Neutral or 1st (to get the lever out of the way).

Pull evenly on the LH and RH corners, and the bezel will come off easily.

There is one retaining bolt on the face of the unit. Remove it.

Gently slide the unit forward, remove the antenna lead, and the wire looms.

Good luck. Aloha.

Reply to
98XJ

Great, it worked! Now i=B4m rockin=B4 ! BIG thanks for all of your aswers!

-ari from Oulu, Finland-

Reply to
arska

Reply to