'97 GC door panels

My door panels, driver and passenger side, have been separating for several years now. The 'soft' part is coming loose at the top. Not only is it ugly, its not very comfortable to rest your arm there. Has anyone found a way to repair this without replacing the entire panel?

thanks

cal

'97 GC, '05GC, '97 wrangler

Reply to
Cal

L.W. (Bill) Hughes III

Thanks Bill.

cal

Reply to
Cal

found a way to repair this without replacing the

If it's anything like mine the top part is actually a fabric covered plastic bit that's plastiwelded (melted) to the main cover. You may be able to pull the door off and reglue/melt the broken bits. I took mine off looking for a way to redo the fabric since it's getting a bit worn with age.

Reply to
DougW

Reply to
philthy

Thanks. Is there a way I can research this tsb? With my local dealership, I have found it beneficial to have all the information I can get before approaching them.

cal

Reply to
Cal

Hell yes, and don't forget the duct tape, then you can ride like Cooyon the Hunter.

Reply to
Doc.Neuraxis®

On Sun, 28 Oct 2007 19:50:55 -0600, I found that Archie Leach Scribbled the following on the bathroom wall:

Why does this remind me of a crank yankers skit?

good old Niles Standish LOL

Reply to
The One True Roger

Ok I found a good list of service bulletins for the grand cherokee at:

it out. This site has a tsb for the '96 model, so I'm printing it out and taking it to the dealer..thanks for the helpful replies. cal

Reply to
Cal

No wonder why you're so constipated!

Reply to