97 Grand Cherokee front end squeak

My 97 grand Cherokee developed a squeak in the front end when turning right or left . We took a look and discovered the right front wheel axle universal joint is shot. Question: is it possible to replace the ujoint or as the book says Chrysler recommends replace the whole assembly

Reply to
chuckb43

L.W.(Bill) Hughes III

Thanks. My shaft has the ujoint. I'm taking it to a guy for a quote to replace.

Reply to
chuckb43