97 Jeep Cherokee Country fuel pump problems

My friend has fuel pump problems with a 97 Jeep Cherokee Country. There seem to be no after market replacement fuel pumps and buying a new one from the dealer almost requires taking out a loan.

Is there a sol;ution to replacing the fuel pump at a resonable price. I have checked several wrecked cars for a used pump (97 to 01 jeep Cherokee Country all use the same fuel pump) but all had the gas tank missing. Any help is appreciated.

Bill

Reply to
William Bushnell

L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

I called all of the parts stores in my area (Autozone, NAPA, ect) and they all told me the same thing, that I could only get the pump from a dealer. Really stinks. I have a couple other leads though. Thanks for the reply.

Bill

Reply to
William Bushnell

Advance Auto Parts has it.. Here is the link for the part..

Ben

95 YJ 2.5L
Reply to
Ben

L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Bill.

If you want to use their site you enter your data and it puts a cookie on your pc containing your car(s) and zip to locate parts in the future. From then on it's very convienent. Autozone has the same thing. It's neat to print out the page with the part on it and say to the clerk "I want one of these and the computer says you have it".

Ben That's for a 96 correct? If so what he needs is different.

William. I've read NAPA has a kit for the newer ones that is basically the intank filter and seals. Search for a sticky on the jeep forum.

Joe R

Jo Bo

I just entered the info for a 2000 and it did show that one for $89 so maybe he's in luck.

Reply to
Jo Bo

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

I put in the info for a 97... That is what it gave me...

Ben

95 YJ 2.5L

Ben